Posts Tagged ‘jasper johns’
July 10, 2009
Jasper Johns, (American, b. 1930), Untitled, 1973, silkscreen, AP 1/25, edition of 100. Fiftieth Anniversary Acquisition, Gift of Jasper Johns An installation of the work of pioneering Pop artists Jasper Johns and Robert Rausch...
April 16, 2008
Jasper Johns has never rested on his laurels. He may hold title to a commodious niche in the history of art, but he works as if nothing is guaranteed. Forward motion is the thing: the next idea, the next painting, the next draw...
Latest art news
- Previously hidden Salvador Dali paintings go under the hammer
- Records fall at Sotheby’s contemporary art auction
- Cézanne and Modigliani Push Sotheby’s Impressionist and Modern Art Sale to $230 Million
- Body-Scanner Technology Reveals Male Figure Hidden in Louvre Artwork
- Gardner Museum in Boston Offering $5 Million Reward for Stolen Art